Mental Health Skills Workers
As a Skills Worker /Mental Health Practitioner (MHP), this opportunity includes flexible work schedules, paid continuing education, ongoing training in mental health, opportunities to follow your passions and interests, potential career advancement, and more.
At Fernbrook Family Center we provide mental health services by using innovative strategies to build relationships and transform lives. We provide services to clients of all ages; from birth through adulthood.
Fernbrook Family Center values a diverse workplace and encourages BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply.
Potential opportunities available:
- In-Home/Community Setting
- Early Childhood Setting
- School Setting
- Day Treatment Setting
Candidates must qualify as an In-Home Skills Worker/Mental Health Practitioner (MHP) in one of the following ways:
- 4000 hours of experience in the delivery of services to adults or children with mental health illness
- Has a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral sciences or related field and has completed an internship/practicum in the delivery of services to adults or children with mental health illness
- 30 semester hours/45 quarter hours (about 1 year as a full-time student) relevant coursework and 2,000 hours of experience in the delivery of services to adults or children with mental health illness
- Masters or other graduate degree in a behavioral science or related field
- Helping clients manage their mental health symptoms by providing skills based training to youth, adults, families, and groups
- Ability to work in a group setting or working with client(s) individually 1:1
- Ability to preserve professionalism when working with client(s) and their families
- Maintain all required documentation
- Non-traditional work hours including some evenings
- Some travel is required
- Ongoing supervision
- Health Insurance with BCBS (portion of premium paid by agency)
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- 401k matching up to 4%
- Vacation and Sick time monthly accrual
- Monthly reimbursement amount for client activities
- Mileage reimbursement
- 8 paid holidays a year
- Yearly conference allotment with three paid days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount tuition at various college/universities
Others positions welcome to apply: *Paraprofessional, Special Education Teacher, Direct Support Professional, Direct Support Provider, Home Health Aide, Daycare Provider, Case Coordinator
**Copy and paste the URL below to find more information on what we do at Fernbrook Family Center.
Fernbrook Family Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, military status, veteran status, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or genetics any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.