Customer Service Representative
Job Title: Customer Service Representative
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
The customer service associate position is responsible for processing orders for merchandise received by mail, telephone, fax or e-mail or personally from customers or company employees. This position also handles phone calls from customers, deals with returned goods and other customer service tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process orders for retail customers, pharmacies, doctors and wholesale suppliers.
- Prepare essential shipping documents for orders.
- Works with the shipping department to determine rates and shipping requirements.
- Answer customer questions regarding products and ingredients.
- Helps customers locate our products in stores and online.
- Process credit cards and verify daily reports.
- Handles product returns and other various office tasks.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Perform accurate data entry with high attention to detail.
- Perform basic computer functions across various systems.
- Accurate typing and spelling skills.
- High organization skills and ability to meet timelines.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
- This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanner, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job.
- This job requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time and the employee must be able to perform tasks and repetitive motions (keyboarding, telephone use, etc.) daily. The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch or stand for periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
USUAL WORKING HOURS
- Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Capability to work extended hours, or different hours if necessary.
- This position may be required to travel for educational purposes.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Previous data entry experience preferred.
- Must have good English language skills.
- Must speak and write clearly and use proper grammar.
- Must accurately enter and update customer information in the computer.
- Must be able to utilize computer programs to determine shipping requirement for customer orders.
- Must be able to follow instructions verbally and in writing.
PSI does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.