Assistant Sous Chef (Currents)
~ WE CREATE WINNING EXPERIENCES ~
SUMMARY: To assist the Sous Chef with day-to-day kitchen operations.
- Assist with scheduling, training, coaching and performance reviews
- Direct daily work activities and inspect completed work for conformance to standards
- Help manage kitchen in an efficient manner by maintaining good communications with management and staff
- Ensure quality and rotation of products, complete month-end inventory while monitoring and controlling waste and submit product orders
- Ensure quality food preparation and presentation
- Ensure kitchen safety, cleanliness, sanitation and food handling procedures conform to Indian Health Standards
- Follow established guidelines for controlling labor, food and other expenses
- Ensure the Kitchen appearance and notify supervisor of required equipment maintenance
IDEAL CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 5 years Culinary experience including 2 years Lead Cook experience
- Proven knowledge of the proper food handling procedures
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- High level organizational skills and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to follow departmental budget and control labor and expenses
- Ability to develop and implement standard operating procedures
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office (word, Excel and Outlook) and Windows
~ Four reasons why our Team Members have chosen to stick around for 20+ years!~
o The People – amazing to work with and to take care of.
o The Benefits – affordable health coverage, no cost on-site clinic, 401(k) and match and so much more.
o The Career – well-paying opportunities to develop and grow with or without a degree.
o The Little Things – Length of Service Award, Team Member of the Month (WAVE of Excellence) Program, random free meals & ice cream, Holiday food vouchers, Team Member parties, discounts on fuel at Dakota Station, discounts throughout the property and more!
A Resume is not required for this job.