Provisional positions beginning March 2022 and ending November 2022.
Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Available: 20-40 hours per week.
High school graduation, G.E.D., or foreign education equivalent to a US High School Diploma.
Experience equivalent to six (6) months of experience in a customer-focused position.
Regular and reliable attendance is a necessary component of job/position. Individuals required to use County vehicles and equipment must have a valid drivers’ license and be free of any major traffic violations for the past three (3) years.
Ability to work limited night and weekend hours.
Required Special Qualifications:
Must complete training required by law within thirty (30) days of employment.
Under supervision, assists with Olmsted County's election process. Provides customer service to voters in person, via mail and through long-term care facility visits. Answers phone calls, directs the public to polling places, monitors supplies and answers questions.Examples of Work
- Assists voters with the absentee voting process
- Performs clerical duties including customer service, filing, answering phone calls and data entry to support the election process
- Provides assistance during elections by answering questions, monitoring supplies, ballot counting and directing traffic
- Processes absentee records on a statewide system
- Registers voters
- Directs voters to polling places
- Assists with election judge training
- Performs other related job duties as assigned
- Knowledge of the election process
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Skill in the use of office equipment
- Skill in interpersonal communication
- Skill in the use of basic business math
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public
- Ability to use computers and related software programs
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to handle customer concerns and complaints respectfully
Persons with disabilities: the above is a general listing of job duties. Essential and non-essential functions may vary by individual position. Reasonable accommodations may be available for both essential and non-essential job duties.
Apply Online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/olmsted