Golf Attendant Golf Clerks, Rangers and Starters (Seasonal Opportunity)
Positions are available in the Golf Division from late March through October. Work schedules vary and include weekends and early morning/evening hours.
$13.00 - $16.00 per hour, depending on qualifications/experience.
*Pursuant to MN Statute, seasonal assignments are limited to less than 14 hours per week; or 67 working days per calendar year; or 100 working days per calendar year if the employees are under the age of 22, are full-time students enrolled in a nonprofit or public educational institution prior to being hired by the employer, and have indicated, either in an application for employment or by being enrolled at an educational institution for the next academic year or term, an intention to continue as students during or after their temporary employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The work below is representative of the scope of work performed within this job classification. Individual job duties will vary based on work assignment.
• Greets guests and provides information on facilities and programs in a manner that will assure the highest possible level of guest service.
• Operates cash register to collect appropriate fees and issues a receipt for each transaction.
• Follows prescribed cash handling and record keeping procedures.
• Schedules tee-times and directs players to starting tees.
• Enforces all rules and regulations governing the use of the golf course, golf carts and other golf facilities.
• Assists with golf tournaments, golf leagues and teaching programs.
• Cleans and wipes carts to ensure that the carts are rentable at all times.
• Issues golf carts and instructs patrons in their use.
• Assists with the sale of merchandise.
• Maintains the Pro Shop and related areas in a clean, safe and presentable manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned or necessary.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
Must be able to operate a cash register.
Familiarity of the game of golf (rules and regulations, facilities, and equipment).
Experience performing similar work
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of: the game of golf and its rules and regulations; golf facilities and equipment.
Skill in: providing excellent customer service.
Ability to: deal tactfully with the general public in person and on the phone; and understand and carry out oral and written assignments
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CRITERIA
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the following represents the physical and environmental demands for this position. The employee must be able to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation.
In consideration of the overall amount of physical effort required to perform this position, the work is best described as Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Work is primarily done while standing, with a combination of bending, stooping, kneeling, pulling, pushing, and reaching also necessary.