The Account Executive is a key member of the abc6 Sales team who is responsible for building new local business relationships, serving and guiding clients to tailor effective marketing and sales strategies, working with local broadcasting audience valuation and inventory control metrics, and selling the full array of abc6 products and platforms reaching southern Minnesota and northern Iowa.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets including spot, digital, and new direct business. Prospect new businesses on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and complete sales presentations with decision-makers.
- Make presentations to include a customer needs analysis, research and supporting documentation, and creative business solutions.
- Follow up and close all pending business in a timely manner.
- Update Sales Manager weekly on progress of pending business.
- Work closely with other departments in creating effective promotional sales solutions for clients.
- Provide exceptional customer service to direct and agency accounts. Personally contact each active account regularly- defined as an in-person meeting, including the presentation of pertinent sales information.
- Obtain credit approval for new accounts.
- Ensure all accounts are paid in a timely manner. Follow up and assist in the collection process for past due accounts.
- Utilization of and proficiency with Sales software.
- Complete all written business requirements within established deadlines. These requirements include but are not limited to: forecast reports, pending business updates, written orders and advertising copy.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales staff meetings, individual meetings with manager and other necessary meetings and training as required by management.
- Have a thorough understanding of rates, promotions, inventory, and personnel. Continue to learn and stay abreast of trends in digital and broadcast advertising industry.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Build working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
- Media Sales and/or Marketing experience needed; broadcast or digital media sales preferred
- Four-year degree in business, communications, advertising, marketing, data science, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of traditional media, digital, and social marketing tools -- and strategies -- that create measurable business results for clients
- Demonstrated presentation and closing skills
- Previous success in leadership and goal attainment
- Solutions-oriented, assists colleagues in problem-solving, and seeks input from colleagues in problem resolution and feedback.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Exhibits effective communication skills. Uses different communication channels (phone, email, in-person) appropriately and is equally effective with each channel.
- Projects a professional appearance, demeanor, and presence.
- Excels individually and, especially, in a team environment.
- Insatiably curious, a lifelong learner, and an agile entrepreneur.
- Quick learner of software and systems. Day-to-day working knowledge of MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid driver's license for frequent travel to client meetings and events, and have a safe driving history. A satisfactory driving check is required.
- Requires the ability to think critically, strategically, analyze data, notice trends, and articulate and present information in a clear, concise manner to others.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to see, read, hear and speak clearly.
- Able to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment, including telephone, laptop, and tablet.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer.