We are looking for a dynamic anchor who is an accomplished journalist with solid experience both on the desk and in the field. Someone with a positive can-do attitude and great personality. The ideal candidate should have excellent live reporting skills, and a passion for enterprise reporting, utilizing creative storytelling techniques and styles.
- Anchor weekend early evening and late newscasts, and report three days a week.
- Collaborate with reporters, meteorologists, and production staff to make newscasts compelling and engaging.
- Work flexible hours and days, and be willing to fill in on other shifts as needed.
- Revise scripts and prepare to deliver them on-air.
- Report, shoot, write, and edit stories for air and digital platforms.
- Write for station's website and maintain an active social media presence.
- Keep abreast of news developments by studying papers, attending events, and staying in contact with industry professionals.
- Maintain extensive community contacts and awareness of local, state, and national current events.
- Make occasional promotional community appearances.
- Provide newsroom leadership and contribute to the overall team effort.
- Ethical news judgment.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- B.A. Degree in Journalism or equivalent field preferred. At least three years of experience as a reporter as well as demonstrated experience on the anchor desk preferred.
- Strong live skills, well-developed ad-lib ability to handle extended breaking news coverage.
- Must have the ability and necessary experience to shoot, write, and edit stories for broadcast and digital platforms.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Advanced abilities in critical thinking.
- Broad knowledge of local, national, and international affairs (e.g. political, economic, legislative, and cultural).
- Available to work on a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming.
- Strong social/digital media skills.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer.