Creative Services Director
This position is responsible for the execution of all on-air promotions, news topicals, public service announcements, required FCC identification and station event promos. Ensures each of these fits the station's goals and deadlines. Provides day-to-day supervision and workflow for the Promotion and Commercial Producers.
- Supervises all aspects of on-air promotions, public service announcements, and event promos from conception to completion. This includes creative development, assignment to producer, delegating tasks, editing, tracking progress and ensuring completion of promos by established deadlines.
- Identifies and creates station promotional campaigns. Collaborates with General Sales Manager to produce client partnered commercials as needed when involved in station sponsored event or campaign.
- Independently creates on-air news and programming promotions by conceptualizing, producing, shooting, writing and editing of assigned projects. Types of promotion projects include but are not limited to proof of brand and tune-in spots, promotables, station brand, topicals, and other strategic promotions for ABC 6.
- Manages on-air projects for station-sponsored events. Creates plans, establishes deadlines and assigns work to producer. Ensures projects are completed in a timely manner. Communicates essential event information to appropriate co-workers.
- Makes financial decisions for certain budget items. Works closely and collaboratively with News, Sales, and Production Departments to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget and meeting goals.
- Conducts planning meetings to review work and deadlines and plan for future work.
- Maintains an accurate and current list of all on-air promo inventory. Schedules promos on each day's log by advance schedules and by daily fill-in.
- Is knowledgeable and current on all programming upcoming, cognizant of special "sampling" opportunities of new audience attracted by high profile or otherwise identified programming. Communicates nature and details of special programming to internal peers and external contacts in a timely fashion.
- Knowledgeable and current on station measurement, including specific program ratings, NSI and ComScore data, and digital metrics.
- Maintains relationships with external media in order to evaluate and place external media schedules. This includes creative copy, press releases and on-going dialogue of featured partnerships, such as weather.
- Maintains the editorial "style" and "brand" of the station. Meets all deadlines and communicates effectively with all involved with the projects.
- Understands, can articulate and train others in the stations' creative services direction, applications, tasks and philosophy.
- Works closely with the General Manager in the development and execution of the department's strategic plan. Ensures subordinates execute plan on a daily basis.
- Works cooperatively and collaboratively with other station departments in a team environment to ensure that station objectives are attained.
- Reports to work on time for regularly schedule shifts; may work evenings, early mornings and weekends as required.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- BA in journalism, production, marketing, promotions, or broadcast related degree or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 2 years of experience working in television production and or promotions preferred. Experience should include shooting (studio and field cameras), editing (linear and non-linear-Adobe & Premier systems), producing and directing as well as planning and executing public service announcements. Experience with Ross Xpression graphics system a plus.
- Previous supervisory experience including directing workflow, motivating and training staff preferred.
- Highly developed and proven planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent listener with the ability to assimilate opinions into final work product.
- Experience working as a team member.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Must be highly creative and a great writer. Proven ability to create and lead a project from start to finish and lead a group through the process.
- Ability to work on short deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record as determined by the Company.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer.