Multimedia Journalist & Newscast Producer
This position combines the opportunity to do two important jobs in journalism: report stories and produce newscasts. Your schedule and time is split between the two.
- Enterprise and develop stories. Research and gather information. Find and interview subjects and record video for the story. Write the story in an accurate, clear, and interesting fashion. Use camera and editing gear to record and edit stories for broadcast and online. When working with a photojournalist, be able to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Deliver the stories on live television from the field, newsroom, or studio.
- Complete stories on time and meet deadlines.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, and cosmetics.
- Work with the assignment desk to plan and put together daily newscasts by selecting, writing, and organizing stories for a live newscast.
- Help with decisions about content, story length, and story order.
- Ensure that all details of a newscast are taken care of, including scripts, graphic information, video lists, and name keys.
- Meet deadlines so other departments can do their part for the broadcast.
- Work with director and crew in the broadcast booth during the newscast to oversee the newscast and make decisions and adjustments as needed.
- Work collaboratively with the staff to adapt to changing news situations.
- Complete post-newscast paperwork, reports, and tasks for the next newscast and news team.
Both reporting and producing roles require writing for and maintaining a strong presence on the website and other social media platforms. Making community and promotional appearances as required.
- A college degree in journalism or communications is preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable about issues, newsmakers, and current events.
- Solid English writing and speaking skills required. Must be able to shoot and edit stories.
- Must be able to present stories accurately, completely and clearly, while under tight deadlines.
- Need to be able to communicate and work well with a variety of people in stressful situations.
- Solid live reporting skills.
- Ability to think critically and quickly.
- Must be able to read a Teleprompter, and watch recorded video and audio.
- Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys, camera gear, and office equipment. Ability to move quickly from the newsroom to the studio, sit or stand for extended periods, and be able to report outside in a wide range of weather conditions. Ability to carry up to 50 pounds of equipment. The Company may take reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
- Must have a valid driver's license & safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
- Available for a variety of schedules, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Please submit a demo reel link of your work, along with your resume and cover letter.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer.