The position of New Director is responsible for directing and managing the news department and seeing that the vision and mission is understood by the entire news organization.
- Direct and manage the overall operation of the news department.
- Implement goals, strategic plans, and business objectives formulated with the General Manager.
- Coordinate the station's news and information content across its multiple platforms.
- Responsible for enforcing, following, communicating, and developing various policies, procedures, and guidelines for the successful operation of the news department including applicable company or station policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for preparing and managing the news department's annual operating budget, as well as providing input for the capital budget.
- Supervise of all news department staff, including recruiting, development, and if necessary, termination of staff members.
- Minimum of five years in key leadership role(s) within a television newsroom preferred.
- Experience in a multi-platform news organization in breaking news situations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of all phases of a television news operation including but not limited to: news reporting and writing newscast formats, news producing, newsroom organization, and newsgathering technology.
- Must be a dynamic strong leader with a clear vision and ability to communicate that vision to their staff.
- Ability to think critically and adept at managing in a fast-paced, highly charged, and aggressive news environment.
- Basic understanding of newsroom technical operation including computer networking, newsroom systems, microwave, satellite, and digital technology.
- Knowledge of social media and multiplatform newsgathering. Excellent communication, organization, and writing skills.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer