This position performs reception duties and is responsible for supporting the Business Manager with the day-to-day running of the Business Office. This includes a wide variety of accounting and administrative duties including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and other duties as assigned.
- Maintain the front office, mailroom, and breakroom, and maintain equipment and supply inventory; perform opening/closing procedures
- Answer incoming phone calls, greet visitors, distribute mail
- Prepare and send "Morning Trivia" and "Weather Lab Assistant" prizes
- Balance and maintain petty cash fund
- Record all checks received and prepare bank deposit
- Process payments and adjustments
- Complete all required functions necessary to generate, print, and process invoices
- Respond to and research customer inquiries regarding account balances, payments, and discrepancies
- Monitor and address aging balances on accounts
- Assist with monitoring and maintaining trade records
- Assist with coding accounts payable invoices and routing for approvals
- Prepare and upload quarterly reports for the FCC and annual Children's Programming report
- Timely upload of Political/Issue invoices to our FCC Public file, as required by the FCC.
- Work in a team environment cooperatively and collaboratively
- Assists with special projects and other duties assigned; provide clerical and other administrative support; attend meetings as required
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Must be extremely detailed and highly organized. Excellent analytical skills are required.
- Must be able to work quickly and accurately. Multitasking is essential.
- Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Must work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Must work established schedule and other hours as needed.
- Two years post-high school education in Accounting, Business, or related field, preferred.
- Previous billing experience is a plus, but not essential.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background, driving and consumer financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal laws.
- Sit for extended periods of time. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to hear and speak clearly. Dexterity to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment, including multi-line telephone.
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer.