Summer News Intern
Learn the day-to-day operations of a newsroom from camera work and editing to producing newscasts.
- Learn the daily operation of the news department
- Develop and initiate a search for stories on a daily basis/pitch stories at daily editorial meetings
- Contact and gather information on various stories to set up for reporters, photographers, and producers
- Assist in newsroom functions including camera work, editing video, writing scripts, web/social media posting, producing newscasts
- Go out in the field to conduct interviews, shoot video, and report on news stories
- Maintain a friendly attitude; work closely with assigned news staff
- Oversee hand-off of information to other staff daily; Establish and maintain positive lines of communication with all team members
- Perform other tasks as perceived or assigned, that contribute to the achievement of department and station goals
- Will be expected to shadow and assist reporters, producers, and assignment editors
- Must be a student enrolled in a degree program at a trade school, college, or university which will recognize the internship for class credit
- Understand, interpret, and communicate information about news events to staff
- Good interpersonal skills a must; Excellent command of the English language
- Work in a fast-paced, high stress, loud, busy, and high-performance environment
- Write and communicate well
Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer.