Direct Support Professional (DSP)
Ability Building Community is looking for Direct Support Professionals to join our amazing team!
- Generous paid time off
- Flexible schedules
- Medical, dental, and flex spending options for full time employees
- 403B match after 6 months of employment
- Employer-paid life insurance after 6 months of employment
- Fun working environment
- Opportunities for career growth
The mission of Ability Building Community (ABC) is to provide services for individuals with disabilities through community inclusion. ABC has provided work supports, recreation/leisure activities, and independent living services to people with disabilities in the Rochester, Caledonia, and La Crescent, MN areas since 1956.
About the Job:
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are responsible for supporting individuals in the areas of work, recreation/leisure, and independent living services. DSPs help keep individuals on track with their goals and provide necessary supports to ensure all have a worthwhile experience at ABC (either in center or out in the community) each day. DSPs are essential to making sure the ABC mission is being met, day in and day out. Every day is different, rewarding, and fun!
Schedule and pay:
No evenings and weekends! Daytime hours, Monday through Friday. The starting wage for a Direct Support Professional is $13.00/hour, plus a benefits package for full time (30 hours/week or more) employees.
ABC is looking for FULL TIME, and/or PART TIME employees. Anyone 16 and older is welcome to apply!
- Must have a valid driver’s license, valid car insurance, be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and Department of Human Services background study.
- Must be able to communicate well, written and orally, and follow directions.
- Experience working with people with disabilities is a plus, but is not required.
?ABILITY BUILDING COMMUNITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, and VETERAN-FRIENDLY EMPLOYER