Full Job Description
The Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce is expanding our talented team and we are excited to find an experienced chamber or non-profit professional to join our team as Director of Operations.
The Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce is located in Rochester, MN and includes business members in a variety of industries and sizes. Rochester, MN is located in an MSA of over 220,000 and is home to Mayo Clinic, IBM and includes a range of additional outstanding employers and small businesses, non-profits, educational institutions and more.
Financial Management – To manage the business and financial functions of the organization, including development of reports and communications. Assist in the leadership of the Rochester Chamber’s annual budget process.
Membership – To communicate with members on financial matters, including invoicing and membership renewals. To serve as staff lead in the membership retention and staff engagement in ongoing member retention and communication. To manage and maintain the database of Chamber members.
Administrative & Human Resources – To manage and progress the administrative and human resource functions of the organization. In addition, partner in the support of Chamber staff and staff operations.
- Ensure Chamber budgets, financial reports and accounting procedures are produced accurately, within timelines and in partnership with contracted accounting firm
- Advise the President/CEO on financial planning, budgeting, cash flow, forecasting, and policy matters
- In partnership with the President, plan, coordinate and execute the annual budget process for the organization. Including staff involvement as appropriate
- Oversee the annual audit process in compliance with fiduciary requirements
- Prepare documentation for annual processes, including the outside audit and assist professional services for income tax preparation
- Prepare monthly reports, agenda and minutes for the Rochester Chamber Board of Directors
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive financial records of all accounts payable and accounts receivable activity and other information for both the Rochester Chamber and Chamber Foundation
- Make recommendations to the President relating to office operations, financial records and budget
- Manage and maintain the Rochester Chamber membership database
- Plan and follow through on distributing member communications, including renewal statements and invoices
- Lead the Chamber’s member retention process, including staff communication and tracking
Administrative & Human Resources
- Direct and ensure continuous improvement of appropriate policies, internal controls, standards and operations
- Develop external relationships with community partners related to job function
- Manage benefits portfolio, including contract negotiations and oversight
- Partner in creating an environment that supports personal and team development, including a positive workplace culture
- Track, maintain and communicate employee benefit information
- Ensure the documentation and filing of human resource documents and resources is orderly and readily available for staff members and as required by law
- File federal and state employer and employee reports as required
- Track hours worked and PTO for staff. Communicate with contracted payroll service in preparation of bi-weekly payroll
- Manage organization service contracts for facilities, IT and more
- As needed, assist in scheduling of meetings and preparations for the President
- The Director of Operations must attend Chamber events and serve as a positive representative of the Chamber in the Rochester community and surrounding area
- Other duties as assigned by the President
The ideal professional for this role will possess:
- A minimum of five years of experience in business operations management, finance, accounting or human resources. Experience in a non-profit, including a chamber of commerce, is a plus.
- Bachelor degree in business administration, accounting, human resources or related field
- Creativity and strategic thinking
- Working knowledge of financial and accounting systems, including QuickBooks and Excel.
- Knowledge of ChamberMaster is a plus
- Understanding of HR practices
- Possess effective written and verbal communications with an understanding of various audiences
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with business members
- Draft correspondence and proofread documents
- Confidentiality is expected
- Strong organizational practices to ensure project timelines and standards are met
Word, PowerPoint and Adobe CS experience are welcome, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this position.
RELATIONSHIPS & ACCOUNTABILITY:
Is directly responsible to the President. Performance evaluations will be based on the quality of work performed, its accuracy, timeliness, and the efficiency with which it is carried out, the employee’s contribution to the overall effectiveness of the organization and the terms agreed to in the Director of Operations contract. Accomplishment of established team and program goals will also be evaluated.
The Director of Operations will collaborate with team members to lead efforts in membership information and retention. This includes leadership of the Administrative Assistant position to ensure the membership database and appropriate communications are maintained and consistent.
In addition to working closely with the President, the Director of Operations will communicate frequently with the Rochester Chamber Board of Directors on matters of finance, membership and more. This includes the distribution of Board communications.
ABOUT THE ROCHESTER CHAMBER:
The Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce is business member organization dedicated to providing resources, information, advocacy and opportunities to connect to the Rochester area business community.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume, references and cover letter to Ryan Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location