Director of Member Engagement
Membership – To lead the Rochester Chamber’s member retention and engagement efforts through relationship building with new and existing members, communication, and customer service. To promote and grow active partnerships with existing and new members, encouraging an understanding of membership benefits and demonstrating the value the Rochester Chamber brings to their organization.
Programs & Events – To develop and execute strategies to grow member support and engagement in Rochester Chamber programs and events. To contribute to the creation and implementation of annual events and programming that encourages member involvement and support for the organization.
- Lead and manage the Chamber strategy for engagement and retention, engaging staff support when necessary.
- Actively engaged in the process the on-boarding of new members of the Chamber.
- Connect with existing Chamber members to ensure communications are being received, member information is accurate, and to encourage an understanding of member benefits.
- Communicate Chamber member feedback to appropriate team members.
- Manage Chamber member database, including prompt, well-organized documentation of member activities and assistance in the processing of member payments. This includes the documentation of retention strategy efforts.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of a strategic sales plan to grow the membership base of the Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Partner with the membership and events team to ensure coordinated, well executed events, and positive member experiences.
Programs & Events
- Drive sponsorship support of Chamber events and programs, including the development of sales strategies and communication of opportunities available to members.
- Actively manage, plan and facilitate member on-boarding events of the Rochester Chamber, including the Chamber 101 series.
- Budget development for programs and events.
- Create and distribute member communications.
- Assist in preliminary and post promotion of Chamber events and programs, including social media and coordination with staff.
- Develop and coordinate select social media initiatives.
- The Director of Member Engagement must be visible and engaged in the community, attending Chamber events and being a positive representative of the Chamber in the Rochester community and surrounding area
- Other duties as assigned by the President
The ideal professional for this role will possess:
- Associate degree or Bachelor degree in marketing, sales, public relations or related field
- Knowledge of business-to-business sales practices with previous experience
- Creativity and strategic thinking
- Able to appropriately respond calmly and with courtesy to challenges and questions.
- Strong ability to analyze and solve problems, anticipate challenges, and to identify, and clearly communicate, solutions.
- Possess effective written and verbal communications with an understanding of various audiences.
- Knowledge of aspects and practices necessary to ensure retention, engagement, and sponsorship functions are performed on time and effectively.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with business members and community leaders.
- Experience in maintaining a CRM database.
- Knowledge of effective social media promotion practices.
- Strong organizational and prioritization practices to ensure project timelines and standards are met.
This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and sales experience. Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Adobe CS experience are welcome, and will be considered when choosing the best applicant for this position.
ABOUT THE ROCHESTER CHAMBER:
The Rochester Area Chamber of Commerce is business member organization dedicated to providing resources, information, advocacy and opportunities to connect to the Rochester area business community.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $46,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 1 year
- 8 hour shift
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)